Re: statement when jaws starts

  • From: "Brian Tipka" <dreamer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:37:56 -0500

Hi Stephen,
Go to your Jaws dictionary manager, control shift d, for global adjustments.
There go to add and in the word to be replaced type in:
jaws for windows is ready
or whatever it is that you don't want to hear Jaws say. then tab once to
replacement word and type in the replacement phrase you want to hear Jaws say,
then go to  Ok and alt F4 and say yes to save changes and the next time you
should hear, jaws for windows is ready, you'll hear your phrase instead. You
can replace, jaws for windows is ready, with a sound as you'll hear as you tab
down the list. You can add your own sound by importing it into the dictionary
sounds, but I'm not sure how to do that at this time. I do believe that the
sound has to be in the .wav format. Hope this is of some help. Over the years
I've made replacements to many words and phrases some just for kicks.
Brian