RE: someone expert in word please!!!! with jfw 6.0.

  • From: "KStarrett" <kstarrett5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 06:28:28 -0500

Hi Viola,

Are you using jaws version 6?

I've noticed this same behavior with version 6 and Word and a braille
display. In my case it's definitely a jfw issue because it doesn't occur
with earlier versions of jaws. Also, and this is probably the case for you
too, those extra spaces as shown on the display are not really in the
document. You can check this by arrowing around character by character or by
turning on that option that counts the number of repeated characters (if
there's more than one of any character consecutively placed this option will
identify it).

If you have an earlier version of jaws on your system try switching to that
version then bring up the document in question. My bet is that the spacing
will appear normal.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but I think this is one that FS will have
to investigate.

Best,
Kimberly