RE: someone expert in word please!!!! with jfw 6.0.

  • From: "Wisner, Fred" <fred.wisner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jfw (E-mail)" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:22:14 -0600

Viola,

I don't consider myself an expert in using MS Word.  Also, I don't have my
Braille Lite 40 connected to my computer.

I experienced a similar problem with JAWS 5 or 5.1 with no Braille display
connected.  Here is how I solved the problem while using Ms Word 2000 on a
computer with XP PRO installed:

1. In MS Word, under "format," select "Paragraph" by pressing the enter key.
2. Under the "indents and spacing tab" (which you should be in when you
select "paragraph"), tab down to the "tabs" button and press the enter key
or the spacebar. .
3. After selecting "tabs," tab to the "clear all" button and press the enter
key or spacebar.
4. Tab to "okay" and press the enter key or spacebar.
5. You should now be back in the Word document.

By going through this process, I was able to stop JAWS from identifying each
"space" as a "tab" in Word documents.

HTH

Fred Wisner
Madison, Wisconsin