Re: sending a file

  • From: "Sean McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:14:48 -0700

Yes that's the beauty of e-mail.  In outlook express, go to insert while you're
in your message body, and find file attachment.  A dialog will appear where you
can select your file from a list box  that looks like the one under MSWord and
highlit the file you wand by pressing your arro till you hear the file's name
speak.  If you want to highlight multiple files, hold down your control key, hit
your down or up arro in the list view, and hit the space bar when you hear each
of the files names.  after selecting the first file you want, keep holding down
that controll key untill you are done selecting files.  finally, hit the attach
button.  The alternative method for selecting files is to put the file name in
quotesin the file name edit field  such as "drinking coffee is great" and
hitting the attach button.  You can also specify several files by putting quotes
around each file name in the file name edit field.  You can also specify the
files directory, infact, you may have to now that I think about it.  If you
wanted to attach a file from your floppy, you would type something like
"a:\catstory"  for example.  After hitting the attach button, you can verify
that your file was attached to your message by hitting shift tab and you should
hear listview with your file's name.  In the attach dialog box, don't check the
box that says create shortcut.  Hope this helps and sorry for the detailed
explanation but like every thing else with windows, there's different ways to do
the same thing.
Sean