Re: regarding the jaws 9 update

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 10:54:56 -0800

Hi Don,

this problem with Jaws failing to speak cut, copy and paste isn't peculiar
to anything to do with WMP. It's something that a lot of us experience in a
number of environments, for instance doing files maintenance in Windows
Explorer, and other situations as well. This is an issue the FS tech support
staff says Development is aware of not having been resolved since it first
started happening in Jaws 8 to a lot of users, and they say they're working
on it.

By the way, in case you haven't tried this, if your problem doesn't happen
until you've been running your computer for a few hours and Jaws begins by
reporting cut, copy and paste and then falls silent, two things:

1. The cutting, copying and pasting is really being done, if you check to
see. That's not much comfort,, but it may help in a pinch.
2. If you exit Jaws and relaunch it, cut, copy and paste announcements
should be resurrected. Again, that doesn't make it okay, but these are ways
to cope with the problem for the time being. Unless for you it has to do
only with Windows Media Player in some way? You think that your launching,
or launching and using WMP causes it, somehow? That's not my experience, so
maybe your issue isn't quite the same.