Re: programmer's editors and jaws

  • From: "Tom Shults" <TPShults@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:58:57 -0700

Jerry,

You and I are having similar experiences right now.  In my case, I decided
that with my move from win98 to win Xp, I should finally give up my beloved
"vi" for dos.  Last week, I started working with vim for Windows.  Vim
stands for vi improved.  It is completely backward compatible with vi, but
has a lot of handy Windows type features, if you choose to enable them.

On first install, vim does not work well with Jaws, but some pretty simple
customizations and Jaws tweaks have made it work very well.  If you, or any
others on this list are wishing to use vim under Windows, I can send you the
scripts and configs I have so far.  At present, my customizations are basic,
but work.

Tom