RE: onmouse over

  • From: "Kathleen A. Millhoff" <kmilhoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:07:37 +1000

Hi,
Well, I just looked at the time posted for my message, and I can assure you
it was actually late Thursday afternoon when I wrote it here in the western
Pacific.
I enjoyed reading this explanation and now offer an idea to you as well as
all listers.  And, List Moderator, I'm hoping this isn't too far afield from
topic.
Braille readers must be linear in perspective.  It's just not possible to
access a braille page of info, no matter the dexterity and speed of the
reader, as with print.  The, too, information access for the blind person
doesn't necessarily employ the visual cortext in the same manner as a print
reader.
Why should I care?  Well, it makes me wonder, and I hope others might
consider this as well, whether most of us want to weed out more information
than we should just because we're used to processing smaller units at a
time.
It's just a thought.
As far as the assertion that we should want to get as much out of the
flexibility and applicability of Jaws as possible - how can it be disputed?
Also, and maybe the FS engineers can answer this best, is a consideration of
speech access as opposed to refreshable braille access important enough to
warrant more than one mode for Jaws operations?  I am still thinking now
about why many people might be turning off features which might otherwise
provide information about the screen and the options available to the user.
Thanks for reading and thanks for helping.
best,
kat