Re: no sound from screen

  • From: renaldo <guelpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 15:13:40 00

Hello Friend
Thank you for the respons, I did try to findout what the fonts is with
'insert f' but the reply is 'no font' even if we move the mouse pointer or
hand on to any caracter of the display next to the triangle. Once I click on

the 'start'
 and the program begin , I can move to a character with jaws cursor

and the font will be 'aerial'.
How do I determine the font of the start screen? Before I can look to
delete, although I was warned not to delete any of windows xp's system
fonts.
This is a Italian dictionary.
I will be greatfull for some help.
My wife are not always nearby to help.
Renaldo.

On 2004-06-04 jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
    WSometimes dictionaries use strange fonts that JFW can't read.  The
    Oxford English Dictionary, for example, does this.  to get it to
    read, I deleted the font from the Windows directory, and the
    dictionary defaulted to Aerial.  Then I defined the text on the
    page as 'static text' and it read even better.
    Good luck to you!