Re: laptop advice wanted

  • From: "ptusing" <ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 12:24:26 -0400

Hi,
Only too happy to help out.
I was so lucky to find the  Fujitsu A3110 where you can
get Windows X P Media Center or havethe store install XP Home if you want.
The 8110 has XP Pro on it and more battery life and is sold at stores catering to businesses as opposed to
stores like Fry's which sell the Fujitsu A3110.
You can have Fujitsu configure a laptop for you rather than buying one at the local store.

I like the keyboard--the keys are large and well spaced.
There is a slight rise from row to row meaning the keys are not flat like a board. The keyboard has a numpad lock off button, an insert key and a scroll lock key, 2 of alt keysands hift keys and control keys.

The keys  are very sensibly arrangedand easy to get to.

Computer supports a Targus external numpad and a Fujitsu external flopyw hich works excellently.

The screen is 15.4 and you can use resolution 1024 which I havedone for 3 months without problems.

If you are using enlarging software, you might consider the Fujitsu 6420 which has dedicated video card memory making shutting down the enlarging software slightly easier (supposedly corrected with MAGIC 10).

It is easy to dim the screen with the A3110. You get lifelong free tech support
at
1 800 8 fujitsu andI liked the the price.
Also the tech support people asked me good questions about my experience with the computer with JAWS and enlarging software. There are other JAWS users using Fujitsu laptops.

I looked at some 20 laptops before buying this one.

Unless something changes radically,
Fujitsu is my lap top brand for life.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bobcat" <bobcat11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>