Re: jaws/antivirus programs

  • From: Bill <bill.cam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 06:07:37 -0500

chris an interesting fact about
>f-prot,

out of the last 3 reviews of anti virus programs by p c world it rated
number one and 2 for detection in 2 reviews.

in the last or third review they did not test it.

this was unfortunate because the third review looked at all aspects of anti
virus.

the earlier 2 reviews only coverred 3 factors.
live viruses in the wild, zoo viruses, and ability to remove a virus once
you have it.

when it looked at live and zoo viruses combined, one time it edged out
norton, the other time was right behind norton.

because it failed to make the last review i never learned about its ability
to look inside zip files and how it works with e mail and what packages.

as far as norton policyon how many copies is concern not sure i understand
it my self, they seem to have differant policies for differant products and
weather you buy the cheapy on line stuff or if you get a cd rom.

for ghost 2003 no restrictions to end user, though it says for one user.

somebody told me some norton stuff if you buy the cd is supposed to give
you an instal for a notebook as well, but not sure if this is still true.

bill