Re: jaws and those basic settings?

  • From: "G.W. Cox" <gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 21:35:03 -0700

This is what FS sent to another list person. I referred to it last week trying
to get things to work correctly with I.E. 7.
1.  minimize all applications (windows key+m)
2.  Unselect the item if it's checked (control+spacebar)
3.  Activate the context menu (windows application key)
note:  this is the key to the left of the right control key on standard windows
keyboards.
4.  Press the letter r to activate the display properties
5. on the Themes Page:
set to windows xp. To change press alt plus down arrow to open 6.  Control Tab
to the Desktop Tab Set background to bliss Set position  stretch 7.  Press
Control Tab to Screen Saver Set to none] 8.  Control Tab to Appearance Tab Set
to Windows Classic Style Color Scheme Windows Standard Font Size Normal 9.
Control+tab to the settings tab,
color:  16 bit
resolution:  1024 by 768
10.  Tab to okay and hit enter

Suggestions for setting up folders in Windows XP 1. Hold down the Windows key
and press the letter M to get to the desktop.
2.  Press M for my computer and press Enter.
3. Press Alt plus t and up arrow to Folder Options and press Enter.
4.  When on the general tab, set tasks to use Windows Classic Folders.
Set to Open folders in the same Window. 5.  Tab to OK and press Enter.