hidden fields on web pages

  • From: "Robert Logue" <bobcat11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:32:50 -0600

I was having trouble logging into my account at Dell Canada.  I discovered
there were forms that Jaws 11 and 10 were not seeing.  I only found it by
turning carat browsing on in IE8 and turning the virtual cursor off.

Now I've found another site that does this same sort of thing.  It is the
update page for Itunes.  I wanted to get the latest update and see if it really
has improved accessibility as advertised.  I got there by using the check for
updates feature in Itunes.  I messed around quite a long time before I found
the form.  It just didn't show up with the Jaws methods.  I finally found the
form by turning off virtual pc and using the Jaws cursor.  Once I clicked on a
field, I was able to work with the form.  However, there was one field that had
no title and I could not find out what it was asking for.

Now, I still haven't got the update.  So much for improved access...

So, is this a Jaws issue or a web page design issue?

Bob