Re: help needed with v5.1 and v6.0

  • From: "Lenny McHugh" <lmchugh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:02:55 -0400

Hi Dave,
Why, I don't remember reading that previous versions should be removed.
I have 5.1 6.0 6.1 and now 6.2.
I primarily use 6.2 until I want to work on some documents then I use 5.1.
For some reason all 6.x versions give me a problem reading any long document.
After about the 3rd or 4th paragraph jaws just stops. From then on I must do a
say next line and sometimes that does not work. I then go back to 5.1 where
that problem does not exist.
Also if/when I find something that does not work I go back and check the
One example is sub menus. 5.1 they read correctly. 6.0 they do not. 6.1 they
only work in start menu not in i.e. favorites. 6.2 is the same as 6.1.
For me I usually try and use the most current version but I must go back at
times.
For me 6.2 is much more responsive than 5.1 I know that this is not true for
all.
I am running win xp home on an athlon 1.333 machine with 512 meg memory..