Re: explaining to someone how to make their website accessible

  • From: "Richard Sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW Discussion List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:17:22 -0700

Hi Troy,
Glad to see you have resolved your dilemma. For future reference there is a
great resource for this kind of information. It is called the World Wide Web
Consortium and it can be found at

http://www.w3.org/

They have a page called Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) which can be
found at

http://www.w3.org/WAI

  WAI: Strategies, guidelines, resources to make the Web accessible to
people with disabilities

  What WAI Does

  WAI develops...
  . guidelines widely regarded as the international standard for Web
accessibility
  . support materials to help understand and implement Web accessibility
  . resources, through international collaboration

  Some of their technical reports can be found at

  http://www.w3.org/TR/.

  The latest thing they have been working on is Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines 2.0 which can be read at

  http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-WCAG20-20060427/

  I hope this is helpful to anyone on relaying information on how to make
websites more accessible.

  Rich