RE: computer is hesitant

  • From: "Roger Bachelder" <bachelder3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:36:58 -0500

Hi Cher,

I have done a defrag in the past couple of weeks. I’m thinking it’s a RAM
issue.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Take care,

Roger Bachelder

   _____

Have you checked recently to see if the drive needs defragging?  I recently
cleaned up adrive with only 256 RAM and achieved a lot of improvement by
doing a disk clean-up and defrag.  That computer really bogged down with
JAWS 8 installed as well- very much like you are saying.

Cher

>>> "Roger Bachelder" <bachelder3@xxxxxxxxxxx> 02/09/07 5:49 PM >>>

Hello Everyone,

Last week I asked if there was anyone who could suggest a good spyware
program that was friendly with jaws. I did install a couple of programs.
Spybot and Windows defender. I thought that my computer was running better
until Tuesday. I’m really getting aggravated with the Hesitance of my
keystrokes. I can press 7 keys and it will hesitate horribly. Not only that,
but when I go from open program to open program, it takes a while to switch.
I usually don’t have any more then 2 programs open at once. It’s really
getting bad. I had to reboot my computer a couple of times to write these
two emails.

And now that I have installed Jaws 8 point o, it seems as if it is worse.
The confusing thing about the whole situation is, after I reboot, it is fine
for a little while. But then it starts to slow down gradually.

 I’m running XP home; I have 512 Megs of ram, a Pentium 4 processor, and
still have 16 GB left on my hard drive.

Is there anyone who can suggest how to resolve this problem?

It’s driving me nuts!

Roger Bachelder

6:50 PM

6:50 PM