Re: antivirus

  • From: "curmudgeon" <one2three4five6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 06:29:15 -0700

if i remember correctly,
if you are asked what type of installation you want
and choose custom

after going to the next button
you can tab to the list of what they want to install
down arrow to the one you do not want
press the space bar
you should get a pop up menu down arrow to
do not install
press  enter     then tab around
and down arrow to anything you do not want and do the same thing
so, the only thing that will be installed is the antivirus
but remember
norton internet security will still show up
as your norton product as a icon
but only antivirus is installed
i am running norton 2003 like this
right now
i am trying norton anti spam
on a trial basis
free for 15 days and if i want to buy it after two weeks its about 40 bucks
or you can if insistant enough
buy only the product you want
instead of a package deal
wich is bundled with other products
and will save you money
if, bought separatly is more expensive
but is up to you
i don't like norton's firewall
and am using zone alarm's fire wall
wich is more, jaws friendly
most of the time
occaisionally,
it pops up and does not speak when it is asking to block or not to block
and i have to alt tab around to it
alt r to remember
alt, a, accept,
alt, d, to deny