Re: Windows mail: automated switch to the message list!

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 12:20:03 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Hamid,

As an alternative to using the folder pane to change to the folder, you can use
the Go to folder dialog, where there isn't the focus switch problem. You can
open this dialog on the view menu, and it has the shortcut ctrl+y.
There's a Jaws guide to Windows mail, and this issue is covered in the
folder list section of the guide. The guide is available at:
http://bit.ly/9b1QZX

David.

orginal message:
Hi all,  I have windows 7 installed on my computer and managed to configure
windows mail  as the default email client using the tutorial here as provided
by
David:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14125880/Ryan%27s%20Windows%20Mail%20Tweak%20tutorial.zip
  So far so good! This might be useful for folks avoiding upgrade to 7 because
of  the email client issue.  One difference to OE: when navigating in the
folder
view pane, for each folder  that receives focus, if that contains any message,
the focus switches  automatically to the message list of the folder. Any
suggestions on how to  disable this feature or maybe tame it down for better
utilization?  Cheers Hamid

Alternative archives located at: