Windows Update Question

  • From: "tom behler" <tombehler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws users e-mail list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 08:02:26 -0400

Hello, all.

I have noticed that, with this particular computer, whenever Windows does an
update, the Windows Update process completely takes over the computer,
basically making Jaws unusable, until the update process has been completed.

I never know when this is going to happen, because the updates seem to occur
whenever they are issued.

Has anyone else on the list had this problem, and what is the suggested
remedy?

I had thought of turning automatic updates off, and doing it manually, but
that seems rather risky to me.

I'm using Jaws 10 with Windows XP on this particular machine.

Thanks!

Tom Behler in Michigan

Alternative archives located at: