RE: Vista: To switch or not to switch?

  • From: "Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)" <Ted.Lisle@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 08:06:29 -0400

I guess most IT folks are familiar with the saying that you can always tell the
pioneers, they're the ones with the arrows in their backs.  Protecting vast
quantities of data, much of it confidential, is no light matter, so I
understand why many organizations, private and public, are not early adopters.
We're always at least one OS behind the curve.

One thing I'm really looking forward to about our next change, whatever it may
be, is the ability to set access levels by program. This should mean that I
will regain control of JAWS, a program that is, after all, of no consequence to
anyone else in the organization.

Ted