Re: Winamp 5

  • From: "Robert Hebert" <roberthebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 21:22:11 -0700

I had to use FTP instead of I/E-6 to download winamp 5.09. I had no problems at
downloading 5.098 directly from the Winamp.com site. This time, I had no
problems finding the link on the Winamp.com site but the file seemed to be
blocked--only about 138 KB of the 4.xx file was downloaded. I changed a lot of
security settings, gave complete access to the Winamp.com site, reduced
security
to the lowest and even turned off the firewall--I did everything except posting
an open invitation to all hackers and still, I was not able to download the
file. Using an FTP transfer protocol--(if that is what it is called) I was
finally able to get the download on my system then installation was no problem
and the program does appear to be working just fine.
I did the custom install and here, according to Jaws, all items were unchecked
so I checked those I wanted.
Note: and I think this has been mentioned before--grin!! Do not check modern
skins if you are a screen reader user or it will be nigh impossible to use the
program.