Whether to buy a 32 bit or 64 bit new computer

  • From: "Dave Durber" <d.durber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:30:17 -0500

Hi everyone:

Recently, my wife's 32 bit Windows XP computer packed up.

Now we are in the decision process as to what computer to buy.

Given that most manufacturers are not yet fully geared up for 64 bit
processors, would it be a good idea to purchase a 64 bit computer but run
Windows 7, 32 bit operating system in the mean-time and upgrade to Windows
7, 64 bit, in a year or so?

Our current license for JAWS is for Version 9, Professional edition.

The other day, we purchased the upgrade to Version 12 Professional Edition,
for a total cost of $750.00 U.S, including an SMA.

All comments are welcome.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Alternative archives located at: