RE: The second update to Jaws hasn't changed a thing for me.

  • From: "J Dumes" <jdumes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:23:05 -0700

My sub menus are reading almost everywhere.  Not in favorites though.  What
I don't understand is why you're complaining that nothing has changed and
your sub menus are not being spoken.  The list of fixes is posted on the
download site and there is no mention of sub menus.  If your desktop isn't
reading I'd wager that can be resolved with display settings or video
accelleration or something.  To complain about not getting a fix that was
never stated to have been fixed is kind of silly if you ask me.  Here's the
list of the fixes.

MSN Messenger 6.2 works again with JAWS as it did prior to the previous
posting.
Problems with Access32 and JAWS 6.10 (unicode version) are resolved.
When you reply to an Outlook e-mail message, JAWS no longer gets "stuck" on
the first line.
In Outlook, the keystroke for reading MSAA information has been changed from
CTRL+SHIFT+M to ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+M to avoid conflicts with the native Outlook
keystroke.
JAWS consistently opens attachments in Outlook when you select one from the
INSERT+A list and press ENTER.
JAWS now speaks properly during installation if MAGic 9.30 is running.
JAWS now speaks correctly when selecting text in Outlook message headers.
Solved issues of certain Web pages with frames occasionally causing JAWS to
stop responding.
Several minor issues in the JAWS online help system have been resolved.
Resolved an issue of occasional crashes in CPRS application used at the
Veterans Administration.