RE: TextAloud helpful user guide with jfw7

  • From: "Maria Kristic" <maria6289@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:00:09 -0500

To find out/customize the keyboard shortcuts available in TextAloud, go to
Options > Shortcut Setup; to view/customize the global hotkeys available in
the program (which apply to any application, whether it be TextAloud or not,
which is currently in focus, as long as TextAloud is running), go to Options
> Hotkey Setup. Two places which discuss how to work with these two dialogs
are the TextAloud Options > Other Setup Dialogs > Hotkey Setup and TextAloud
Options > Other Setup Dialogs > Shortcut Setup topics in TextAloud Help
(from the menu bar, select Help > Contents) and the "Hotkey Reference" and
"Customizing Shortcut Keys" topics in the TextAloud User's Manual (this
manual is available in several formats; to reach the main download page,
from which you can select/download your preferred format, select Help >
Online Manual from the TextAloud window); the manual is available in MS
Word, PDF, HTML, and as a series of audio files read by NeoSpeech Kate.
Also, provided that you have the Access Key option, found under Options >
Basics in the JAWS window, set to either "Speak All" or "Speak Menus Only",
you'll also hear access keys spoken when you arrow through the menus, so
this should help you master even more shortcuts (i.e., the corresponding
access keys for menu items which you use frequently). Finally, NextUp has
also compiled a general Quick Start Guide for using the program (i.e., it's
not specifically a shortcut reference, but rather a quick introduction to
some of the program's main features), and that is available via either Help
> Quick Start Guide from within the TextAloud window or Start > All Programs
> TextAloud > Quick Start Guide (selecting this option using either method
causes a Web page containing the Quick Start Guide to open in your default
Web browser).

HTH,
Maria
Skype: MariaKristic