Silent delete and using outlook

  • From: "john R. Vaughn" <jrvaughn44@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 08:50:13 -0400

My point is that Outlook is a different program from Outlook express.  When
I switched to Outlook a number of years ago, I finally realized that many of
the OE key strokes that worked on OE did not work or work the same way as in
Outlook.
And frankly, since moving to Windows 7 six months ago and I had to abandon
using Windows mail/OE for my personal mail, that I indeed have some work to
do in relearning Outlook now that I am retired and if I want to use Outlook
effectively.
I was also reminding Jaws users of the Jaws help system including the one
referenced, that help is available within the Jaws program for many commonly
used products.  This help includes a listing of keyboard short cuts, helpful
hints in setting up a program to work with Jaws as well as some information
on actually using the program.
As to the Control key plus D keystroke not talking, no the help topic would
not have told you that the control D does not elicit a verbal reply when
using the key stroke, the fact that this was the key stroke in fact, was
noted in the list of jaws keyboard commands.John