Re: Right click task bar

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean92@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:48:47 -0700

To right click on an empty space on the desktop, minimize all apps with
Windows key+m.  Ensure that no program is selected.  By default JfW will
say 'not selected' if nothing is.  If something is selected, hit Ctrl+space
to unselect all.  Then hit the application key.

To right click on an empty space on the task bar, my guess is that you are
seeking start menu and task bar properties.  To get there in xp and I
believe earlier versions, hit the start menu key, then hit escape, leaving
you at the start button, then hit alt+enter for properties.  If that is not
your intended destination, tell us what is and we can show you a good
keyboard-friendly way to get there.

Dean