RE: Restoring JAWS Without Sighted Assistance After Loss of Speech

  • From: Christopher Bartlett <bridgeweaver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:21:14 -0700

At 09:32 AM 6/22/2008, you wrote:
There is another way to "kill" JAWS in a particularly difficult situation. I created a shortcut that invokes the XP system utility "taskkill" that forcefully removes a running program. You can create a desktop shortcut with the following target:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskkill.exe /f /im jfw.exe

I am not finding this file on my system. Which flavor of XP are you running? I'm guessing XP pro. Do you have any idea what the XP home version of this would be?

        Christopher Bartlett