RE: PROBLEM WITH JAWS ON LAPTOP

  • From: "Barbara" <barbaraanne1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 10:07:22 -0600

Morné,

You need to ensure the screen is maximized.
Do this by:
Press the alt key and the space bar together.
This opens the System Menu.
You should first here Restore when the menu opens.
See if you can arrow down the list that is presented.
As you go down you will hear Move followed probably by unavailable.
Then Size, then Minimize and if they are available.
Arrow down once more and when you here maximize, if it is available, your
screen is not maximized and it needs to be.
If you hear Maximized unavailable, then the screen is already maximized and
so this is not your problem.
You can then try pressing enter on the Restore option to see if that helps.
The short cut to the above instructions are:
Alt+space bar together, followed by the letter X for maximize.
Alt+space bar together, followed by the letter R for Restore.

Always,
Barbara Anne

Blessed are those who can give without remembering, And take without
forgetting.