Outlook Calendar

  • From: "Jerry Berrier" <jerry.berrier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 07:54:13 -0400

Hi all,

Chip Orange's comments about Outlook being pretty simple to use prompted
me to really take another good look at the Outlook Calendar to see if I
can get it to do what I need it to.  Again, I agree that Outlook is a
very powerful program, and I think it's worth struggling with if
necessary to learn its features.

I'm using it in sync with my Pac Mate.  On the Pac Mate, I find a list
of all appointments I have entered, in date order, including recurring
ones and ones that last longer than a day.
However, in Outlook 2002, if I go to the Active Appointments view, I can
read all of the non-recurring appointments, but to find out if there are
any recurring ones that might conflict with scheduling a new
appointment, I have to go all the way to the bottom of the list to find
a list of all recurring appointments.

As an experiment, I entered an appointment that ran from October 10
through October 15.  On the Pac mate, it shows up on each day during
that period, but not in Outlook.

Any experienced users have suggestions for how to resolve these two
issues?

jerry Berrier