RE: One more thing about using a BitTorrent client

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:09:56 -0400

Yes, you're right, I really got going with my zeros (they must have been
on special this morning!!!).  Here's a quote from someone's guide to
using ABC at
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/guide_to_abc_page_3.cfm

" These settings are important. The default ports BT uses are 6881 -
6999 usually. You are better off changing your port to something else. I
have chosen
50505 - 50606, that's just a random figure I thought up myself, you
should think up some at random too. ISP's have begun blocking or
limiting the default
ports as a way to try tackle the bandwidth used on P2P networks by
users. You should definitely leave Kick/Ban clients that send you bad
data selected
as well as Don't allow multiple connections from the same IP. Retrieve
scrape data is best left unticked."

Hth,

Chip

Chip Orange