Re: On Line Banking with JFW

  • From: "Michael G." <commodore128@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:26:15 -0600

Hello,

I've been using Bank One's web site for some time now and it is very accessible. Chase recently bought out Bank One but the site hasn't changed in terms of accessibility. Bank One, in the past, was a very frustrating site to use, but the changes they made to their web site has made navigation a much more pleasant experience. Other bank web sites that are Jaws friendly include Wells Fargo Bank, Juniper Bank, Discover, and Providian. I have accounts with all these banks and credit card services and I've been very pleased with their site accessibility. However, as far as Providian goes, I don't much care for their customer service and their policies concerning payments and fees. They make it very difficult to make online/phone payments without getting charged for it. You can make free online payments, but they have a very convoluted procedure and it's very possible to end up getting charged. I would stay away from Providian. By the way, if you're looking at getting a Paypal credit card, be aware that the Paypal credit card is directly affiliated with Providian.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>