Okay, fine (was: Re: Jaws guide for Windows Media Player 11)

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 17:00:04 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "G B" <gbmagoo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 4:20 PM
Subject: RE: Jaws guide for Windows Media Player 11

Why don't you change the subject line

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Yardbird
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 16:02
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Randy,
Look, everyone else either just types their own new message first before
including the quote to which they're replying or, if they're as methodical
as you seem to prefer to be, they do the snippet thing, which I think is
sometimes helpful. But I don't think there's any discussion about the basic
thing. Just read your messages, and you'll immediately see that everyone
types their own new message first. Nobody starts a post by reproducing the
message to which they're replying. You may enjoy that ordering better, and
so please, just go ahead and do what you like to do. But it's your trip,
here, not a common alternative, please realize. I'm not talking about the
wider world of mailing list etiquette, where these things do vary, somewhat,

although actually I'm on a bunch of lists and no one ordinarily puts the
quoted message first. But whatever, as/like theysay.

As for the Quinn, JB and PBB, no, that may explain who your personal Quinn
is, and what PBB stands for, although I have no idea what that is unless
it's about guide dogs for the incarcerated blind-- is it?-- and it doesn't
explain anything at all about Jeb, unless you're friends with the former
governor of Florida.

Anyway, carry on. I am glad to hear there have been so many covers of Quinn
the Eskimo, but all I wanted to do was check my memory that it was a Dylan
song originally, and so it is. If you still listen to Dylan at this stage of

your life and his career, may I recommend Modern Times. Lots of good stuff
on there.

Jeb? Incarcerated guide dogs?
From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
But that's me, and I'm really not skilled with this
stuff. What about you?
How come you wouldn't just switch to WMP 11 in order
to learn  more skills
using this guide? Because you've heard it's awful, or
because you have some
kinds of settings that involved a lot of time and
labor to make, and they
won't transfer to the upgrade? Or..?

Good questions and I'm certainly very interested on
the topic.  I upgraded several months  previously and
found the new version scrambled  my Library and was
generally harder for me to use.  I didn't invest a lot
of time because the upgrade was actually an
inadvertent  upgrade which after a limitted amount of
exploration was one I rolled back.  There are several
things I'd like to add to my abilities with WMP 10 but
having not seen anything sufficiently enticing about
WMP 11 I stayed with the comfort and function I had
with WMP 10.

Now I've toured the guide in a very limitted fashion
and while I find it has promise I want to study it a
bit further before I decide whether or not I might
upgrade again.  Presently what I most want is enhanced
library manipulation skills for my reasonably large
collection of CDs now entirely stored on the computer.

Randy
& the Mighty Quinn of GEB and PBB fame

the subject line.
Archives located at:
//www.freelists.org/archives/jfw

If you have any concerns about the list, post received
from the list, or the
way the list is being run, do not post them to the
list. Rather contact the

Release Date: 5/8/2007 2:23
PM

in the subject line.
Archives located at:
//www.freelists.org/archives/jfw

If you have any concerns about the list, post received
from the list, or the way the list is being run, do
not post them to the list. Rather contact the list
owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PM

PM