Narrator not working

  • From: Anna K Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:20:17 -0600

Try to run Narrator, nothing happens.  In utility manager I go to Narrator
and hit start.  JFW says 'narrator is running', waits two seconds or so,
and says ' Narrator is not running.'  I have run SFC and rebooted, but
Narrator is not corrected.  I am running JFW5.0812 (but this was true with
4.51 as well) with Windows XP Home and a TrippleTalk PC.  Does the tripple
talk somehow befuddle the Narrator speech?  Or does the JFW SAPI install
confuse it?  I have turned off JFW and tried running Narrator, and no go
there either.

Any other suggestions or useful history?

thanks,

Ann