RE: Laptop for JFW, was: RE: opening links from e mail

  • From: "Frank Ventura" <Frank.Ventura@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 04:27:20 -0500

John, usually a wireless card is a wifi card which connects your computer to an
80211b or 80211g wireless access point. This  requires that you be in range and
have access to a wifi network. If you need connectivity while on the go and can
not be assured of having access to wireless networks then you will need a
laptop with a celluar modem card in it which connects your laptop to your
celluar providers data network. Which means you will have internet access
anywhere you have celluar service.