AVG update!

  • From: "cheryll" <cheryll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 01:10:23 -0800

Hello,

Just an up date on the situation with loosing AVG, and then not being able to
reinstall it.
Working with Vista is so very different.  I find it in some ways quite simple,
and in other ways quite confusing.

The last report, I lost AVG, and AVG wasn't in programs and features, so I
couldn't uninstall it, in order to reinstall it.  Then yesterday, I found it in
something called programs and files.  Although, it was there, I wasn't able to
do anything with it.  Neither, delete, or restore.

So, yesterday, I spoke with Ray Campel, from Chicago Lighthouse, and we brain
stormed a little, and then today Tuesday we spoke again, and this led me to try
a system restore.

I am so pleased to write, all is well again.  At least for now...

I am realistic enough, to understand, that this is not going to be the only and
last issue, but on the same token, Vista is an interesting challenge.

So, many thanks to Ray Campbell, and, all who also assisted with their
thoughtful ideas and efforts!
Keep up the good work...

Sincerely, Cheryl