Re: KeyBoard command in Word

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:00:04 -0800

P.S.

I just tried using your shortcut command without first doing anything in the
Insert menu.  It placed the date in my document as today's date in numerals.
As 03/23/06.  Then I pulled down the Insert menu, hit T, and arrowed down to
the date format I prefer when heading a business letter:  March 23, 2006.
When I hit Enter, of course that printed on my document at the cursor
position.

Then I used your hotkey combo again. But what it wrote on the screen was the
same as it had originally, 03'23/06.  So it looks to me as if using that
hotkey command will only get you one format of the day's date, and if that
isn't to your taste, the command isn't of any use.

Is my impression accurate?  Not dismissing your hotkey suggestion, just
trying to be sure of its function and limitations.  Thanks.
you h----- Original From: "Dean Martineau" <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>