Re: Jaws help not reading/scrolling

  • From: BD <bram4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:43:43 -0600

Adam,

I'll try the right click option. I was planning on doing as you suggested
tried CTRL A to copy all but it told me no text copied so assumed it was
not able to be highlighted. Actually thinking of it, It is pityful we are
left in a lurch for help for the money we pay for this program. I know
there are many things to consider when adapting to the many programs, and
things change rapidly when dealing with apps out of your own control, but
come on, your own help files???? I will write FS. I just don't think that
is right. Thanks for the tip.

Brad

At 10:29 AM 12/10/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Brad,
>I know what you really mean. I went through that so many times and it's like
>running  against the clock. I know it can be very frustrating because it
>doesn't even give you the time to breath. What a mess, I'm telling you! Here
>is what I do and what  I recommend during my training sessions. What about
>creating your own help files for any program? You can then have a good cup
>of coffee or tea and explore the info without being rushed or held by the
>throat. You need to start a blank word processing session (Notepad in XP,
>WordPad elsewhere, Word or Corel WP), alt tab to the rebellious Help
>program, right click using Jaws in the info pane spot, choose Select All,
>right click again and select copy, alt tab to your word processor, press
>control v, hit Enter to create a blank line, add any comments for next help
>info if needed, alt tab back to the Help program, and continue you research
>using same copying procedure. When done, save your word processor file, and
>read it in peace with more individual control. Usually, I use control f to
>search or explore in a more friendly environment.
>Take care.
>Adam

Brad

   Place your FREE classified ad at HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM
  Northwestern Wisconsin and Greater Twin Cities classified connection!