Jaws help not reading/scrolling

  • From: BD <bram4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JFW List <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:16:49 -0600

Using JFW 5.x dongle version, pressing INS J, then going to help, and if I,
for example, wish to look at help with popular programs, I'll arrow to it,
right arrow to a program, then click or hit enter on it, and then F6 to
view the next window containing  the info, it will not read unless I use
the Jaws cursor, and even then when I get to the bottom and put it back in
PC cursor it will not scroll or move past what currently shows on the
screen. It only will show that visible page and no more. In order to get it
to read the entire file, I need to play with the focus to get it to read
automatically, and then I had better listen very carefully as there is one
shot to hear what is said. For a speech software package its own files are
not very speech friendly and for a help file it isn't very helpful. What is
the problem? Am I doing something wrong? I am following the directions given.

Brad