RE: JFW v6: unable to hear any thing when reading documents in adobe acrobat reader v7

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:08:14 -0500

I have usually had the same trouble with acrobat reader 6, and jfw 5.1,
so I don't really know that it's acrobat version 7 or jfw 6 that's
specifically at fault.  I've almost always had to go under the file menu
and choose "save as text", or as you say, try the copy and paste method,
to extract the text.

If this is a PDF that was brought up via the internet explorer plugin,
things always seem worse for me.  I've tried lately to configure acrobat
reader so that it starts in a separate window rather than using the IE
plugin, because the plugin if I recall didn't even give me the file menu
"save as text" option.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Chip

=20