Re: JAW's & speech friendly spyware programs?

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:35:43 -0800

Hi Jdm,
I've had reasonably good luck with both Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and
Destroy, but I had a serious spyware problem recently and neither Spybot nor
Ad-Aware would do the trick. Tthat, frankly, surprised me. After a couple of
passes at the system with both programs, I ended up using the paid version
of Pest Patrol, which runs around 45-50 bucks was very aggressive and set
things to rights. I haven't done a full usability analysis on the package
yet; I just used enough of the program to solve the immediate problem. My
preliminary impression is that, as with some other programs, you'll need to
use the JAWS cursor to do some mousing around and clicking on things, but
the icons that I've run across were clearly labeled. That being the case, if
you're adept at getting around with the mouse pointer you should do just
fine.

Cheers!
Tom