RE: Reading headers and footers

  • From: "Edward Marquette" <emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 02:01:34 -0600

Headers and footers are repeated on each page, but rather than
redundantly show them over and over, they are stored in a header/footer
area.  Use Alt Plus V and then the letter "H" to display headers and
footers.  Once displayed, to navigate use the arrow keys.
Sometimes, to be sure you are in a footer instead of a header or to make
sure you are in the first header/footer it is good to check the
header/footer toolbar.
To do this, once you are in the header/footer area you think you want,
press Alt.  Then, press control plus tab until you hear "Insert
Autotext."  You can then tab along this toolbar for various options.
The navigation options are at the end of the toolbar, so it is often
useful to navigate with Shift Plus Tab along this toolbar backwards.
I am sure there are more elegant ways to do this, but this, at least,
works.
Hope this helps.

Ed Marquette
930 West 34th St.