JAWS thumb drive version

  • From: "Derek Czuy" <dczuy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 12:09:37 -0600

Hello list members:

I am experiencing some problems with the 32 bit thumb drive version of JAWS 10. The Default Dictionary file, originally has 138 items in the tree view. JAWS behaves as expected until I add a dictionary rule. When I go back to the Default Dictionary File, the original 138 entries are no longer there. The tree view only shows the dictionary rule I added. The tree view should now show 129 entries, the original 128 plus the one I added. When I delete my dictionary entry and go back to the Default Dictionary File, the tree view shows nothing. Also, when I add a dictionary rule, JAWS doesn't read apostrophes. I have to re-install JAWS on my thumb drive to get everything back to normal.Has anyone experienced these problems and been able to solve or find a way to work around them? For your information, I am working on a computer using Windows XP Professional. Thanks.

Derek

Alternative archives located at: