JAWS stopped reading Outlook windows except when maximised.

  • From: "James Homuth" <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:29:43 -0400

I just discovered this morning a rather unusual problem with JAWS 10 and
Outlook 2003; something that, I suspect, only started happening within the
last day or two. If I bring Outlook up in the normal view, I can read the
tree view containing all of my mailboxes etc, but the actual message list
either says blank or starts reading me pieces of either the desktop or
another program I have opened. If I maximise the Outlook window, it reads
everything it's supposed to. I prefer to keep Outlook unmaximised, because I
find when it behaves properly, I like how it reads certain things better
like that than maximised. Has anyone else seen this problem and/or come up
with a possible solution? None of the programs JAWS wants to read have any
kind of option that I can see that would steal the focus partially away from
Outlook, but at a quick glance that looks to be what's happening. Pointers
would be appreciated.