Re: JAWS and "latest & greatest" video cards

  • From: trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:56:14 -0500

I say no!
In fact the more ram a card has on it the better jaws works. I have proven
this with a gforce 64mb video card.  put that card on my box with built in
video and jaws almost had a heart attack because things it choked on read.
People may think to run jaws build the box to do text, but nope build it to
do high end graphics and jaws speeds up greatly with more recognition with
the higher color settings.
Jaws reads graphics to determine what to say to us. Make those graphics
speed up and you got a hot jaws and more that reads then you ever heard.
At 07:47 PM 1/12/04 -0500, you wrote:
>HI,
>Suppose  there is a video card   likethe ATI 9000 pro  which  has been
>around for awhile and
>the  ATI  9700 video card which is relative new and is about 30% faster even
>in 2 d:
>is using the  newer  video card  "more likely" to have  problems using JAWS?
>In  other words, should one wait aroundforvideocards to  "age" abit and thus
>sacrifice speed for more guaranteed JAWS  usage?
>People can answer off list and I would cut and paste answers ifthat
>wouldsave  list  traffic.
>thanks.

Tim
trouble