Re: JAWS and "latest & greatest" video cards

  • From: trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:01:00 -0500

The faster the graphics get processed the less buffer time is on jaws. The
computer that the test was on had on board video of 32mb and the card was
on board 64mb ram. More speech with the card because of its ram then did
with on board. Just to prove my theory I used another card with the same
ram as the on board and the difference was back to crap speech output. Its
not text jaws is picking up on but the graphic resolutions handles. You can
make jaws speak the text only if you can use functions in scripts like say
line, word or string. But when it has the handle of that graphic window the
speech is almost straight out put. The msn messenger 6 would be able to use
this except the window is black on black therefor no text to find in the
graphic.
At 08:09 AM 1/13/04 -0500, you wrote:
>trouble is incorrect.  The rate of the video has nothing to do with jaws
>performance except perhaps that it might be too quick.

Tim
trouble