JAWS and ITunes

  • From: "Maryse Glaude-Beaulieu" <m_glaude-beaulieu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 06:16:01 -0500

Hi all,

I got an IPod Shuffle for my birthday. I did some research on the
Internet to find out whether Itunes was accessible or not. I came upon a
blog where people were saying that it is the most inaccessible software
ever! But, someone told me about scripts for JAWS that are compiled in
England by some British company. Are these scripts any good? This person
told me that they were a nightmare for her. But, I'd like to get
opinions on that before I proceed to buying them.

I have a French JAWS as my primary program, as my environment is in
French. However, I do have an English JAWS installed and I might switch
to it when using the scripts.

Also, I can't seem to download the latest version of Itunes. Tbe links
for Windows and Mac are are on the same line so Ican't get at them. Any
help with this would be greatly appreciated!

I would feel rather embarrassed if I had to tell the person who gave me
the IPod that she will have to return it due to its inaccessibility.
Therefore, I'm pleaing for help, as I REALY want to use it! The IPod
itself seems quite simple (she had asked the guy at the store which IPod
he recommended for a blind person), but it's Itunes that gives me the
creeps! I just don't want to tell her: "Sorry, doesn't work! Please
return it!" So much for a birthday gift!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Maryse