JAWS Not Speaking File Details

  • From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 10:08:51 -0500

Hi gang.  I'm really stumped.  For some reason, JAWS no longer speaks the
detail information for each file as I scroll through the list of files in a
particular folder.  JAWS will speak the file name but not the detail
information like file type, file size and creation date.  I have Details
checked on the View menu for all folders and files on my computer.  Strangely,
I can get the detail information by using the JAWS cursor or by pressing the
Alt key twice to launch and exit the Menu bar.  I haven't changed any JAWS or
Windows Explorer settings.  This behavior just started recently.  Can anyone
explain why JAWS now only speaks the file names and not the other detail
information when I scroll through a list of files?  Is there any way to fix
things so that JAWS once again speaks the file details without having to switch
to the JAWS cursor or pressing the Alt key twice?  I'm running JAWS 9 with XP
Pro.  Thanks.

Gerald