Internet Explorer & downloads

  • From: "Peter Holdstock" <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:20:00 -0000

Hi, this might be off topic, but I'm asking it because as a JAWS user I might
not be noticing something a sighted user might.

Whenever I try and run some downloads such as IE 7 from the Windows Vista site,
or drivers from my manufacturers web site, I get a high and low pitched bleep
and nothing downloads.

I've tried reducing all the security and privacy settings in Internet Options.

Any ideas please. For some reason the IE 7 download isn't in Windows Update
like it was before even though I've showed all my hidden updates.

Again, appologies for asking this question on this list, but I think it is
relevant and might help someone else.

Peter