Re: Internet Explorer & downloads

  • From: "Sean McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:18:53 -0700

That noise should be the information bar. Pressing alt+n from within internet explorer should activate this bar and thus the menu of choices it wishes you to see. To disable this for the download dialog, got to internetoptions->securitytab->custom ... button. under the setting which says "automatically prompt for file download opened" select enable. In fact, if there are any other settings which say automatically prompt set them to enable. Be aware I am specifically talking about the settings in the security dialog which say "automatically prompt" not the settings where you have a choice of prompt, enable, or disable only. Also make sure allow file download is set to enable. After these changes, select the ok button, select the yes button on the warning dialog about changing your security settings, select apply and select ok. From now on, you should get the normal dialog for file download.

hth
Sean
----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Holdstock" <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>