RE: ITunes 8 and accessibility

  • From: <Michael.Schulz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 06:41:08 +0200

Yes, itunes 8 is now accessible - vista sp1, jaws 9 and 10. Apple
started the roll-out and my itunes installation automaticlly updated to
itunes + quicktime 8. And what can I say - it works: alt key brings me
to the menues, tabbing through the screen is possible and selections by
using the arrow keys is also possible. If you try it, you have to find
out which view menu settings are the best for you. Sometimes it is a
little bid tricky but tabbing brings you forward from field to field and
button to button - even if you have to press tab very often. Jaws uses
the default scripts and I hope that fs will have some adopted scripts
for version 10 and than the very popular itunes music box will be my
favorite. Just try it - if you don't like it you can de-install it.
Michael