RE: IE Home Page Problems

  • From: "Ralph Supernaw" <rsupernaw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:11:27 -0600

Hi,

It was Norton.  I wasn't getting a message that Norton was blocking the home
page switch because my Norton options were set not to notify me if a change
is blocked.  It was good to fix that because then I remembered to uncheck
the MS Office plugin too.

  _____

From: Ralph Supernaw <mailto:rsupernaw@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I have just moved everything to a new notebook computer.  I can't get IE to
let me change the home page from an MSN page to the one I want.  I go into
internet options and change the page and press the "apply" button.  The new
home page is there just fine.  Then I press the "ok" button.  When I go back
into the options, the old web page is listed as my home page.

I have tried this from the Tools menu in IE and from the Internet Options n
the Control Panel.  Neither works.

Any ideas?

Ralph